Create template kanban board that can be easily re-used for different projects

Tom Lamphier September 15, 2016

Hi All,

I have a template project that will be getting purposed several times over.  I've created a Kanban board specifically for this projects.  Is there a way to simply duplicate the board and associate it with a different project?

Regards.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2016

If you go to "manage boards" and click the dots on the right side of the boards name there is an option to copy the board. Update the filter of the board and you're good to go.

Richard Witt September 15, 2016

Kudos Bart.

Depending on what he's trying to do, Tom might also consider adding filters to existing board to handle multiple projects. For instance, I have an invoice board for with filters that cover various projects, I can see all invoices or invoices for only a particular client.  I love the flexibility that Atlassian provides with Kanban.

Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2016

Yes, Kanban boards are very powerful in JIRA. One of the things that Atlassian has definitely done right in JIRA.

1 vote
Tom Lamphier September 15, 2016

Of course.... thanks for your help

Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2016

No problem:)

0 votes
Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2016

If everything that changes between boards is the Project, you can create a "base filter", save and share, then for each board you create a filter as "project = XYZ AND filter in base_filter".

That way, if you decide to change the base criteria you only have to change the base_filter.

Suggest an answer