Create template kanban board that can be easily re-used for different projects

Hi All,

I have a template project that will be getting purposed several times over.  I've created a Kanban board specifically for this projects.  Is there a way to simply duplicate the board and associate it with a different project?

Regards.

3 answers

1 accepted

If you go to "manage boards" and click the dots on the right side of the boards name there is an option to copy the board. Update the filter of the board and you're good to go.

Kudos Bart.

Depending on what he's trying to do, Tom might also consider adding filters to existing board to handle multiple projects. For instance, I have an invoice board for with filters that cover various projects, I can see all invoices or invoices for only a particular client.  I love the flexibility that Atlassian provides with Kanban.

Yes, Kanban boards are very powerful in JIRA. One of the things that Atlassian has definitely done right in JIRA.

Of course.... thanks for your help

If everything that changes between boards is the Project, you can create a "base filter", save and share, then for each board you create a filter as "project = XYZ AND filter in base_filter".

That way, if you decide to change the base criteria you only have to change the base_filter.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

239 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot