Convert to issue not in New Jira issue view

Deleted user December 7, 2017

Where can I find the "convert to issue" option in the new Jira issue view. Previously it was under the options button but I can't seem to find it anymore.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
kai
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2017

Hey @[deleted] – this option is unfortunately currently missing from the new issue view.

It's likely that we will add this in the future, but for the time being if the new design currently doesn't meet your needs, you can go back to the old view by switching the feature off in your user profile.

Feel free to "Watch" the page (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/the-new-jira-issue-view-938040503.html) to get notified of when this option is added. We update this page when new features are released to the view.

Also, if you have any feedback for the team you can click the "Give feedback" button in the top right. We read this daily and use this to inform what we build and improve next.

Hope this helps!

Deleted user December 10, 2017

Thanks for the reply! I'll start watching that page. It's not a huge miss, there are more ways to Rome luckily.

Foulques de Moncade September 12, 2018

Hi @[deleted] so, how are you handling that for now ? 

Wojtek Tomalik December 9, 2021

You can always Move the issue, then you can select any other type:
2021-12-09_10-44-49.png

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2017

I've got it under the options menu, are you looking at a sub-task?

Deleted user December 7, 2017

Yeah, it's a subtask on an active sprint board. When I open a tasks popup I only have Clone and Move as options. On de subtasks detail view I do have all the options under the options menu.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2017

Ah, so not the "jira issue view", but a board view.  Those are different.  They don't have all the options that issue view does. (The cynic in me wants to suggest it's because the developers don't want to handle having to work out if they need to refresh the board view on every change that might break the current view)

Deleted user December 8, 2017

Ah, I see. Well, perhaps they will add it later the board view aswell. I did notice I can use the Operations view to convert to task aswell so that will do for now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events