Configuration of column Status's

Carolyn Tambini July 11, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring Columns

I'm trying to configure the order of the status's of the columns but dragging and dropping isn't reflected on the board. Please help.

3 answers

0 votes
Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2016

I don't believe the order in the column configuration means anything when it comes to presenting the actual issues on the board.

You can rank/order the issues according to Status (or any other field) by modifying the driving Filter, but which status will end up below the other is a little bit up to chance (normally the order in which the status values were created, I believe). Doing this will also disable your ability to drag-n-drop issues up or down depending on the order in which you want them prioritized - particularly important for the 'ToDo' column.

The other option is to replace the existing swimlanes with queries. Never really tried this, so I can't help you more than that.

0 votes
Carolyn Tambini July 11, 2016

I have admin rights and i'm viewing the column management page and would like to change the order the status's are reflected on the board.  Please see the attached screen shot

2016-07-11_1559.png

0 votes
Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2016

Hi Carolyn,

Can you be more specific? Are you trying to move statuses right and left between columns and it 'does not take' or are you trying to have tickets in different statuses show above/below each other within each column?

If the former, have you confirmed that you have the proper permissions?

If the second, you would probably need to configure queries and create swimlanes based on those queries.

Lastly, if you're trying to drag-and-drop individual issues up and down to no effect, check the sorting/ranking used for the board. If anything but 'Rank', you can't drag-n-drop issues up and down.

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer