Component picker type custom field

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2016

Hi All

I want to have a customfield of type Component picker but that is not available.

My need behind this request is that, i want to capture two different type of information, 1. Component where error is detected  and 2. Component which caused the error.

I can use the in-built system field component for one of the above but for the other i need a custom field component picker type.

How can i achieve my need?

Rahul

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2016

I'm afraid you'd need code for that.  The component field is just a field at its heart, it doesn't share its option list (only versions does that), so you'd need to write another type of field to fetch it.

Best you can do without any code is to have a custom field with the same list.  But the project admins won't be able to maintain the list like they can with components, or assign leads etc.

Suggest an answer