Cannot set value for locked custom field 'Epic Name' in issue 'BR01 Establish Business Relationship' because it is not applicable for issue type 'Story'

Dennis Bachulak January 14, 2016

Hi Folks,

I'm getting this message when trying to import a csv file as an Epic, it thinks it's a story. Do we need to change the csv file some how to think we are importing a Epic instead of a story. It seems to default as a story, and there is no way to change it during the import set-up. Any help would be greatly appreaciated

2 answers

0 votes
Ann Kristin February 1, 2016

I had the same problem, solved it by setting default issue type as "Epic" before I started the import.
Thought it should be unecessary since I was mapping issuetype during the import (mapped issuetype to Epic/theme), but for some reason this seems to work.

0 votes
Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2016

I'm confused on which type of issue you actually want to import into?  If you want to import a CSV row to be an Epic, then you'll need the Epic Name column with a value supplied as it is a required field for the Epic issue type.  You also need a column header for Issue Type even if the value is blank (in plaintext, it has a comma still for the empty field value), and it's my understanding from the article below that it'll give you a choice when importing to select the desired issue type. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/importing-data-from-csv-185729516.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events