Can't see avatars

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Unable To See User Avatars In JIRA - Only See Default Image

All settings are set correctly as in the article above, still people don't see the avatars. They actually dissapear, and may come back next time you login. I can always see my own avatar, but from other people they regularly dissapear.

One of my colleagues said, that when he checked his avatar in his profile, it disappeared there as well. And he had to set it up again. 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 vote
Ignacio Pulgar Community Champion Jan 25, 2017

You should open a ticket with Atlassian Support:

https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23

I have seen some user's avatars disappear as well but it just started in April 2017.  The users say they did not remove it.  The user has to upload a new one.  We're on Jira Cloud. 

I came here with a similar issue. I didn't see the avatar for some people on Bitbucket which we host locally.
When logging in on this community page, I noticed I couldn't see my own avatar here too. When trying to follow the image link I noticed a chrome extension was blocking it.

I use Ghostery as an addblocker and it blocked all Gravatar images. Allowing Gravatar images solved it for me on this page and on Bitbucket. Maybe this info is of use to you.

Thank you Paul.  Atlassian responded to my ticket and said they could see them.  Once I retried, they were back.  If it happens again, I will look into the blocker.

0 vote

I am having the same issues. I upload an avatar, it shows up. I come back later and reload my project and it's gone again. This has happened 4x. I am using the Trial version right now

Hi Sean,

For me, a browser extension for some reason blocked the avatars. In my case, it was the Ghostery extension. Perhaps that's happening for you too.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published Friday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

63 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot