Can't change assignee field in View Issue screen But can change in view screen with AllOpenIssue Filter.

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2016

Hi,

I'm using JIRA 7.0.10, 
Why am I not able to change the assignee field directly from the View Issue screen of an issue, but when I can change the assignee when I open the same issue using AllOpenIssue Filter.

P.S. I am the admin, with all rights possible. Assignee field is present in Edit screen as well.  

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2016

What do you mean by "AllOpenIssue filter"?  How do you get to edit the assignee from whatever that is?

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2016

By "AllOpenIssue" filter i mean, when we select a project, and navigate to All Issues tab. 
All the issues are in a form of list, and I am able to change the assignee from there directly.
But if I open a single issue, the assignee field can't be change from there.

I'm not talking about changing the assingee from Edit screen over here. 
In the issue there is a link under the assignee name which says, "Assign to Me" OR if you hover over the current assignee, it becomes editable.
This sort of behavior is missing when I am viewing a single issue.  

P.S. I'd have posted attachments, but there is some HTTP error coming whenever I insert something. 

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2016

Since I am unable to insert Images, I am giving an Example of what I am talking about. 

When I open the issues with this view, 

https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/JRA/issues/JRA-60056?filter=allopenissues

The assingee field on the screen Can be changed and there appears a "Assign to Me" link under it, and upon hover, the field becomes editable.

But when I open the same issue like this: 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-60056

The assignee field Can NOT be changed and the "Assign to Me" link disappears as well. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2016

Hmm.  That sounds like you've got some javascript or behaviours blocking the use of the field.

amit raj March 3, 2016

Hi Muhammad Tayyab Bashir,

I am just eager to know whether your problem has been solved. could you share please?

Thank you

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2016

Hi,
I'm not sure if the problem is actually a problem or not. I think this might be expected behavior in Jira.

Anyways, I've found a way to enable changing or editing of assignee field (OR other editable fields) on the same screen.
You can do that by enabling In-Line Editing in General Configurations

@nic, I'll test by removing all the scripts. Behaviors is already disabled.

amit raj March 3, 2016

Thank you for sharing the details.

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2016

I deleted all the scripts and behaviors but didn't work.

Inline edit is another option, but I think Assignee field should be editable without it as well (like it is when viewing from all issues list)

Suggest an answer