Can JIRA Perform ODC-Based Analysis of Defects?

Julianne F Haugh December 16, 2020

I would like to begin using ODC classifications to identify issues with our development process. I know that Jira can capture the data, but I would like to understand what analysis and reporting tools are present.

For reference, I worked at IBM during their roll out of ODC, so I'm familiar with the process of classification. I am looking for specific tools which can utilize the data.

2 answers

0 votes
Choon Keat Seet December 16, 2020

Did you mean orthogonal defect classification 

https://researcher.watson.ibm.com/researcher/files/us-pasanth/ODC-5-2.pdf ?

Youll need to chart out the the process and stick it in a workflow and the info you want into custom fields. but if you want further automation more than that youll probably need addons. 

For reporting, youll need to look at gadgets, but honestly speaking eazybi addon might be the option to go for intense reporting beyond dashboards , you can user powerbi to pull info via API but I find it easier to look from just jira

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2020

Possibly, but throwing an unexplained acronym at a crowd of people who are not party to what you think it means is not going to get you far.

You'll get questions like  "What do you need to know about Jira and ornithine decarboxylase?"

I think you'll need to explain ODC before we can help you much.

Suggest an answer