• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can JIRA Perform ODC-Based Analysis of Defects?

I would like to begin using ODC classifications to identify issues with our development process. I know that Jira can capture the data, but I would like to understand what analysis and reporting tools are present.

For reference, I worked at IBM during their roll out of ODC, so I'm familiar with the process of classification. I am looking for specific tools which can utilize the data.

2 answers

0 votes

Possibly, but throwing an unexplained acronym at a crowd of people who are not party to what you think it means is not going to get you far.

You'll get questions like  "What do you need to know about Jira and ornithine decarboxylase?"

I think you'll need to explain ODC before we can help you much.

Did you mean orthogonal defect classification 

https://researcher.watson.ibm.com/researcher/files/us-pasanth/ODC-5-2.pdf ?

Youll need to chart out the the process and stick it in a workflow and the info you want into custom fields. but if you want further automation more than that youll probably need addons. 

For reporting, youll need to look at gadgets, but honestly speaking eazybi addon might be the option to go for intense reporting beyond dashboards , you can user powerbi to pull info via API but I find it easier to look from just jira

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

4,576 views 12 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you