Automatically assign epic based on the label

Yash Ruparel April 16, 2018

Hello! fellow Jira users,

Is there a way in Jira to configure that if a 'specific' label is tagged to any given issue type then it automatically gets added to a 'specific' epic. 

For example, if I add a label to the ticket as "dead" since we no longer require it AND that I don't want to delete it, instead i want to configure such that every time a ticket is tagged to a "dead" label, it automatically gets assigned to an epic named "DEAD Requests".

please let me know if there's a way around this.    

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2018

Good morning Yash,

I am afraid to say that it may be feasible with either a plugin or a script but not basic JIRA.

I will think about a post function using the "Create on Transition" plugin(I am a heavy user of this plugin as it meets my needs). May be others will suggest different plugins.

Let me know if anything else is needed

Best of luck!

Yash Ruparel May 15, 2018

Thanks @Fadoua !

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2018

@Yash RuparelThank you for accepting my answer! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any additional questions, we are here to help and learn from your experience as well :)

Suggest an answer