Auto add parent assigne as watcher of subtasks

Has anyone a suggestion on how can the parent issue assignee be automatically set as a watcher for all subtasks? I have seen  and answer for the subtask assignee to be a watcher of the parent issue but I need a solution in the opposite way.

2 answers

Check the Sub-task Toolkit add-on - it allows you to add a notification which notifies the watcher of the parent issue when any of it's subtasks were updated. And this is not the only sub-task related functionality it offers.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.botronsoft.jira.subtask-toolkit/server/overview

Another option is to implement a custom issue listener which automatically adds the assignee of the parent issue as watcher when a subtask is created. 

You can use your favourite scripting add-on to do that i.e. JJUpin or ScriptRunner

Do you have an example of such a script?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

422 views 1 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot