Auto Transition when an Issue is Added/Removed from Sprint

Deleted user June 6, 2016

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to transition an item when it is moved in or our of a sprint.

E.g.: when my items are on the backlog they have the status "In design". When I move them into a sprint, I want the status to change to "Selected for Development". Of course this should then also work the other way round.

It would also be great if closed item can be automatically transitioned to the status "archived" when I complete my sprint.

Can you tell me if this is possible?

Thanks in advance!

3 answers

2 votes
Cristina_Abunei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2016

Hello,

You can create a Fast-Track Transition script listener that listens for when an issue is updated, checks if the updated field is the sprint and performs the necessary workflow step.

You'll need to install Script Runner for this if you haven't already. We are using the free version (3.1.4) but the paid version has a lot of features that make life easier.

0 votes
Cristina_Abunei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2016
0 votes
Deleted user June 6, 2016

Hi Cristina,

Thank you for your reply.

Alas, it seems that Script Runner is only available for JIRA Server. Since we're running JIRA Cloud, this won't be an option for us.

William Rojas February 22, 2019

Did  you see this link in the Marketplace - SR does run on Cloud , but only as of a couple of years back, so maybe not there when you originally looked.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/6820/scriptrunner-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events