when ticket's get created in jira, then simultaneously comment field should be updated.

Manoj May 2, 2023

Hi, 

Pls suggest/guide.

When ticket get created in jira, comment should be update, can anyone suggest this, i believe this could be done using post function but not sure about the right approach.

Thanks!

M

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

Why are you trying to comment on an issue when it is created?

Why not just include the content of the comment in the issue description?

Manoj May 3, 2023

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- well we have different description and comment is an additional one. 

Can you suggest, I tried comment issue jmwe But dont how to write further. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

But why don't you just include the comment in the description?  A comment is supposed to be a response to something, which is not what you need when you're creating a new thing.

Manoj May 3, 2023

Okay but I don’t have automation plug-in to do that, is it possible to do it by script runner or post function, can you suggest?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2023

SR can do it, yes, but I'm questioning why you think you want to add data to an issue automatically when its created.  

Manoj May 4, 2023

1.Use case 1

Condition (Issue type = Demand and Priority > equal to 3 )

Condition Check ( True)

Please update below comment to the Requester in the Jira Ticket :

“Ticket acknowledged and this will be taken into planning, next planning call will be scheduled within 3 business working days”

Condition Check (False)

Stop and do not update any comment in Jira

This is actual requirement, can you guide to implement this?

Thanks

M

Manoj May 8, 2023

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

@Carlos Garcia Navarro 

1.Use case 1

Condition (Issue type = Demand and Priority > equal to 3 )

Condition Check ( True)

Please update below comment to the Requester in the Jira Ticket :

“Ticket acknowledged and this will be taken into planning, next planning call will be scheduled within 3 business working days”

Condition Check (False)

Stop and do not update any comment in Jira

This is actual requirement, can you guide to implement this?

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2023
Manoj May 2, 2023

@Carlos Garcia Navarro Thanks, unfortunately, we dont have Automation, is there any possibility that i can do this?

Like workflow post function?

Thanks!

M

Suggest an answer