How to automate the comments in jira after creating the tickets

KANAKARAJ C February 14, 2022

I want to automatically comment initial itself after anyone raised ticket:

there are 3 types of customer service request in my project

1) I want to compare the customer service request to any 3 types and automate the comment accordingly 

Note : I installed Automation for Jira Data Center and Server in my Jira and getting stucked in below image. 

After choosing the fields, I am not able to find the comment in this issue type.

Kindly do the needful.

Screenshot 2022-02-08 155003.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sachin Dhamale
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2022

@KANAKARAJ C ,

You need to add an action after the condition. In the action you can see the comment an issue option. See bellow

Comment an issue.png

Accept an answer if it helps

Sachin Dhamale
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2022

@KANAKARAJ C 

Does this help?

KANAKARAJ C February 26, 2024

yes

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2022

Why are you automatically commenting on an issue on create?

That usually creates junk data and unwanted noise in your systems, and is almost always a bad thing to do.

Could you explain what problem you are trying to solve by doing this?

KANAKARAJ C February 28, 2022

Actually if any user raising a ticket if we answered he should reply within 5 bussiness otherwise we will close the ticket so sometimes we forget to add on the first comment itself so we want to automate by saying an information like after we commented if we don't get response within 5 business days we will close this ticket for that we need to automate

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2022

Ah, good, that's a valid reason to do it.  I think Sachin has answered the question, I don't need to talk more here!

Suggest an answer