user cannot access to a proyect to review their tickets

Rosana Casilli May 7, 2020

Hello all!

I don't know if I am going to explain it right or not.

Yesterday an user called me to tell me that she can't access to any issues in a specific proyect.

This proyect is from service desk, usesr can access to jira and create issues over there (internal users) or from portal.

This user we are talking about. Can't login to service desk (she told me that in the past she did) and if she logins in JIRA software, she doesn't see the project she apparently used to see

I have found in People that there were two users: one has an Icone with her initials and the other one was her mail from company.

On the other hand, I have found three issues created by her but with the second user (the one that has only her e-mail)

I am starting on this... and I do not know where to start.

Thanks in advance,

Ro

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2020

Hi Rosana,

You need to add the user to the Service Desk Customers role under People on the JSD Project. Or in another role that has access to the Project under the Permissions Scheme. 

Rosana Casilli May 11, 2020

thank you so much John!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2020

Glad I could help. :-)

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2020

Hi,

To access a project you need to take a look at few things:

- people

- permissions

You need to have the browse permission to see the project and issues within. So look in your permission scheme which user/group/project role have this permission. If the permission is given to the project role developer then you need to be in this role.

I will ask the user which account she is using to make sure this is the one that you have in your project under people menu.

Rosana Casilli May 7, 2020

Hi Mohamed!

The user is accessing to JIRA or service desk with his enterprise e-mail. 

The person who do the user administration found out that this user has two differents entries in Customers one with a mail and the other with the icon as an existing user in JIRA.

He deleted the one with mail because the other one has issues associated... but we are still facing the issue... 

Now me need to check what you told me, but I do not se her under People

and in permission how do I check which one she would have?  I am asking you, because all  of this project creation and assigments was done by a third party..

thanks in advance,

Ro

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events