tickets status bulk change

Eladio Rincón Herrera February 11, 2021

hello all!

I have an external ERP that consumes the effort my team has spent supporting my clients.

Every month, the support hours status is updated in the ERP for accounting.

I am planning to add a new status to the ticket called "invoiced", that should be set after the ERP invoice the client (or discount the support hours).

I plan to build a filter that selects all the tickets to change (criteria would be current month, and status = closed and a specific project_type (many projects)), and then run "something" to bulk change the tickets status to "invoiced". 

Would you please guide me if that is possible?

Is this something to do by using Automations?

Thanks a lot.

Eladio

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

Hi @Eladio Rincón Herrera , 

you have the right idea: it is possible to do this with Automation, and will actually be way easier than manually !

You can choose to either set the rule to run every last day of the month for example, or set it to run manually so that you can trigger the rule yourself.

It would look like this (you can change the Status to transition to Invoiced for example): 

Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 10.03.53.png

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Eladio Rincón Herrera February 12, 2021

Thanks Alexis for your quick response!

I've tried to create an automation, building a filter for the issues in status = "ready", and the system says that the automation would be expensive.

In the Standard edition, the product includes 500 automations. 

For my case, if I run the automation once/month, it counts as 1, or as the # of issues changed?

Thanks again!

Eladio

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

Hi @Eladio Rincón Herrera , 

can you please share the message saying this will be expensive ? I'm not sure what you're referring to.

In this case you can run the rule with a single project scope , this way it won't count towards your 500 executions a month.

Hi Alexis.

I am not sure what type of automation I selected. I was in a screen where I wrote a JQL query that filtered the incidents I wanted to apply (200+ issues), and a tooltip showed-up saying "this automation would be expensive, considere that will take lot of resources" kind-off...

one automation will count as 1 execution, or will count as the number of issues modified?

Thanks.

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2021

OK I see, this is a simple warning that since you're doing a JQL query the automation might be a bit slow. 

The automation will count towards your 500 executions IF it's listening on multiple projects (for instance, if you need the trigger to be on several projects). In this case, one execution = one triggering of the rule. It means that if you create 10 issues in the month, you will see 10 executions. 

It doesn't matter if in the rule, you modify 1000 issues.

Like Eladio Rincón Herrera likes this

thanks Alexis!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders