need mysql querys for my jira clean up activity

Mahendar Daripalli February 28, 2019

Hi team,

we 300 projects in jira we wants to migrate new version present v7.11 but we have lots of inactive issue type scheme, fields scheme, workflow scheme, permission scheme,notification schemes so i do not want these please share me the mysql querys Asap 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2019

Don't bother.  SQL queries will give you the answers, but you won't be deleting with SQL (unless you want to end up with a totally broken Jira)

I would check over your list of projects and delete or reconfigure any that need it, so they use the shared schemes as much as possible.

Then go into each list of schemes (workflow schemes, field configuration schemes, issue type screen schemes, etc) and look at the bottom of the list.  There is an "inactive" section - expand it and delete all the items in there.  Then do the same for the baseline configs (workflows, screens etc).  You might find it best to repeat this a couple of times.

Suggest an answer