moving an issue back to backlog with "remove from sprint" functionality.

Tiny Tap January 25, 2017

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Removing an Issue from a Sprint

Hi, currently when i right click an issue and then press "remove from sprint" this issue is moved to another sprint (let's call it sprint X). i want to change it so that when i choose "remove from sprint" the issue will be moved back to backlog.
where can i change this settings? 

2 answers

4 votes
Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2017

Hi,

Removing an issue from a sprint moves it to the next planned sprint, and I don't think you can alter this behaviour. If you want to move the issue to the backlog you can :

1. drag the issue from the sprint to the backlog in the backlog tab of the board
  2. right click on the issue and select move to top/bottom of backlog (again in the backlog tab of the board)
  3. edit the issue sprint field

Regards,

Peter

0 votes
Chandan Kumar September 25, 2019

just go the bottom at the right side and where the sprint is select (which is editable ). Click it press the back button clear the box, click the outside the box and save it. hence the goal reached issue is in the backlog. Refresh the page

Suggest an answer