more actions is missing comment

Jed Walker January 2, 2017

When I click the "more actions" button it seems to have every option, except comment. Can you add that in so we don't have to do a full edit?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2017

Hi Jed,

Do you mean the "More Actions..." menu option that shows under the "..." menu for the issue detail view when an issue is selected on a board.

If so, you should be find the "Comment" action there (so long as you are a user who has been granted the "Add Comments" permission in the permission scheme that applies to your project).

An example of adding a comment through this method is here.

Does this work for you? Or is it a different "More Actions" button that you are having trouble with?

Sam

Jed Walker January 4, 2017

Sorry, I meant it should be on the ... menu. That is a lot of work to go to for something that is a very regular thing to do (at least more me.)  It would be nice if it were actually on the new right-click menu so i didn't have to go to trouble of opening the right pane and then clicking again. (on that note, the new right-click menu is a terrible thing, it needs open in new tab and new window)

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2017

Ah. I see. 

There is also a handy keyboard shortcut which saves all the clicks. Just press the "." key (i.e. period / full-stop key) when you have an issue selected.

This should immediately bring up the "Operations" menu where you can quickly select the "Comment" operation (I just type "com" and press enter to get there fast).

I don't work for Atlassian (this is a community forum) so I can't help on your criticism of the right-click menu. You could try raising an issue/suggestion/improvement ticket in Atlassian's public issue tracker here: https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/JSW

Hope the shortcut helps a bit.

Sam

Jed Walker January 5, 2017

Thanks, the "period" shortcut does make it simpler, but it really should be on the "..." menu as an option (I understand you can't fix it).

0 votes
Adnan Ali August 23, 2022

A board shows a menu option "More Actions..." under the "..." menu option when an issue is selected on a board.

There will be an action called "Comment" that can be found in the project's permission scheme that can be accessed by those who have been granted the permission to "Add Comments".

Adding a comment to a document can be done using this method.

Is this something you would be able to work with? Could you please try another "More Actions" button if you haven't already.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events