missing export options (excel & cvs) - how to enable in cloud instance ?

Lisa Song November 12, 2018

We are using the cloud version of JIRA. I selected a list of JIRA stories from the backlog, and want to export into a spreadsheet (excel / cvs). the options are missing.

Attached with an image of the options available.

JIRA-story-list-options.png

Is there a config entry controlling this option to be visible / invisible ? How can I enable this ? Thanks for your help !

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2018

Hi Lisa,

Currently, it's not possible to export cards from the backlog view.
We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-13577
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Lisa Song November 13, 2018

Angelica - thanks for sharing, I voted on the feature improvements.

Thank you for your extra help !

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2018

Hi Lisa,

You are always welcome!
If you have any other question, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Zsuzsa Galicza [Midori]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 3, 2022

Hi @Lisa Song ,

You can export instead from Advanced search in Jira, go to Filters (on the top) and choose Advanced issue search. You can switch to Basic search at the top right, but I'd recommend JQL, it's not hard to learn even if you don't use it already and very flexible.

If you use or would like to use Excel reports, also check out Better Excel Exporter. It is customizable and comes with lots of default templates e.g. you can export comments, worklogs or SLA reports easily.

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

0 votes
Lisa Song November 13, 2018

Entered the reply as an answer by mistake earlier- no way to delete it.

Suggest an answer