jepp email processor already running error

Dastin_Kuwałek__SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 25, 2017

Hi,

I have set up a JIRA ServiceDesk and it worked perfectly fro last month.

But then came the 23-th of May and client's responses to tickets stopped showing up in my ServiceDesk. I have turned on the debug logging for incoming emails and found out that the jepp email puller is working fine and indeed I see new entries in the database mailitem table. However, there is not a single sign of jepp email processor working, which means that emails are there waiting, but JIRA does not process them so for a user there is no sign of any incoming emails.

My email channel is connected to google apps account and in the ServiceDesk connectivity logs I have found a message "* BYE JavaMail Exception: java.netSocketTimeoutException: Read timed out" but pulling emails from the inbox is not a problem.The processing is the problem.

The processing is the problem. It currently works randomly and processes the emails between 15 and 35 minutes. I have JIRA Software 7.3.4 and ServiceDesk 3.4.1.

What is most confusing is that email processing job returns error with message "Already running" : email processor job already running.png

I would appreciate info if anyone got same issue and how it was handled :)

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Chris Kent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2019

I see this is super old, but was there any resolution, I am having the same problem

Dastin_Kuwałek__SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 17, 2019

I am not sure, I think it was something with the Google apps quota limit.

I think that upgrading the Jira version helped

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events