compare logged in user to username in post function

Dan W May 5, 2020

I am trying to compare the current logged in user during a post function to verify that the transition isn't running via an automation.  The automation is set to run as xyz user.  So if the user executing the transition matches that username I don't want to assign the current user to the assignee.  If the current user doesn't match the username then I want to assign the currently logged in user as the assignee.  This is what I have been trying unsuccessfully.  

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def userManager = ComponentAccessor.getUserManager()
def issueService = ComponentAccessor.issueService
def user = ComponentAccessor.jiraAuthenticationContext.loggedInUser

if (user != userManager.getUserByName("xyz"))
{

def validateAssignResult = issueService.validateAssign(user,issue.id, user.username)
if(validateAssignResult.isValid()){ issueService.assign(user,validateAssignResult) }
}

I look at what the step in the post functions return when I run it manually and it appears to have the correct information but the assignee doesn't update.  I am new to Jira and Groovy so any help will be appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2020

Your code works fine for me in the Script Console (though note in your second listing you define User with a capital "U" and then use it with a lowercase "u"; they should match). Perhaps your post function should be moved up/down in the list of post functions?

Dan W May 7, 2020

After I fixed the case of the U it is logging teh change to history but not actually changing the assignee.  I've moved it around in the post function order and that doesn't seem to change anything.  I have an update change history step and an re-index step in the post function.  It is currently first in the postfunction order.  Code is below

def user = ComponentAccessor.jiraAuthenticationContext?.getLoggedInUser()

if (user != userManager.getUserByName("SA-PItseJiraAdmin"))
{
def validateAssignResult = issueService.validateAssign(user,issue.id,user.username)
if(validateAssignResult.isValid()){issueService.assign(user,validateAssignResult)}

}
0 votes
Dan W May 5, 2020

So I have this working with minimal testing -  

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue
def User = ComponentAccessor.jiraAuthenticationContext?.getLoggedInUser()

//def Issue issue = issue
if (User != userManager.getUserByName("xyz"))
{
issue.assignee = User
}

But this does not-

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue
def User = ComponentAccessor.jiraAuthenticationContext?.getLoggedInUser()

//def Issue issue = issue
if (User != userManager.getUserByName("xyz"))
{

def validateAssignResult = issueService.validateAssign(user,issue.id, user.username)
if(validateAssignResult.isValid()){ issueService.assign(user,validateAssignResult) }
}

So it would appear that my (validateAssignResult.isValid()) is failing.

Is this a check that is bestPractice?  It seems to me that it would be.  Why is it failing? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events