Why is the configure option grayed out when attempting to create charts in my dashboard?

Marsha Lacroix August 3, 2022

Hello, 

The option in my dashboard to add gadget is there however I cannot configure the gadget as that option is gray and only allows for a delete or renaming of the file. 

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2022

Hello @Marsha Lacroix 

Welcome to the community.

Can you provide a screen image of what you are seeing?

Are you working with Jira Cloud or Jira self-hosted (server or data center)?

Marsha Lacroix August 9, 2022

Screenshot 2022-08-09 091137.png

I am using both the Jira Cloud 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2022

The gadget you've shown is part of the Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards app (as opposed to built-in functionality). Per the documentation, these gadgets use Rich Filters that you also build with functionality provided by the app. 

I'm afraid I have not worked with that app before.

I looked at their user documentation, but I'm not quickly finding anything that explains this.

Are any other users able to add this gadget to their dashboards?

Have you checked with the administrators of your Jira instance to see if they have any insights to the issue? Or reached out to the vendor support team?

Suggest an answer