Where to get Jira Core Licence?

Oleksandr Pavlov May 26, 2022

Refferung to the discussion  i've concluded that Jira Core can't be separated from Jira Software and these both products means actually the same.
    Given the atomicity of these two products i can not understand why the user created in this way is not able being granted access to the system? Screenshot 2022-05-26 at 18.25.00.png After the user has been created i can not login into the system using its credentials(.

For your help:

That is i have in my Application section.  And also this message that pointed by green arrow was arrived during attempting to add new Jira Core user.
Screenshot 2022-05-26 at 18.11.07.png

My questions:

• Should those Jira Core and Jira Software be really  supposed as something undivisible?
  • Where to generate a Jira Core trial Licence to satisfy the message arrived on the screenshot above?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

i've concluded that Jira Core can't be separated from Jira Software and these both products means actually the same.

No, they're different applications. 

Jira Software sits on top of Jira Core.  Software uses things like issues, users, workflows, fields etc, but does not do them itself, it uses the structures that Core provides.

If you give someone access to Jira Software, the simplest way to think of it is that their access includes access to Core as well.  However, if you give someone access to Core (if you had any Core licence), they would not be able to use Software functionality.

Your warning message is saying that you don't have any Core licence.  This is not going to affect your people working with Jira Software.

A couple of other quick points though

• You appear to have installed an early-access version of Jira.  This should never be used as a production system
  • For early access, and development and test systems, you should use the development licence available to you in your production licence account
  • You will not be able to buy a Server licence for Jira Core or Jira Software, they're end-of-life and no new sales are happening.   You should be looking at Data Center, or a migration to Cloud.
1 vote
Oleksandr Pavlov May 27, 2022

Thanks a lot for your constructive and detailed reply for my question.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

No problem.

I forgot to mention one last thing on the last point - if you do decide to proceed with Jira Data Center (Core, Software and/or Service Management), then the testing and experimentation you are doing with your server install is still useful.  You can think of a Jira Server install as "a single node Data Center system".  D

C has a couple of extra features for the end-users (archiving for example, and Advanced Roadmaps is built-in), and a bit more complexity on the back-end when you choose to have more than one node, but the UI and base functionality is identica.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events