When linking issue to existing issue, how to filter the results ?

Gal Fatal
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2020

Hi,

I try to find a way to filter issues when I link issue to other issue.

For example when I choose "Child of" in linked issue field, I would like to see results of only specific issue type, for example, epic.

This raised because we have big amount of issues and would like to have some filter to assist finding the desired linked issue.

Any idea? any app that may supports this?

We use server version (8.x)

Thanks, Gal.

1 answer

0 votes
Gustavo Félix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2020

Hi Gal, If I understood correctly, there's the "+" button which shows a popup. You can select an existing filter that shows you only the issue type that you want.

Im not sure if this solves your problem. The other option that I thought was that you wanted to be in a more dynamic way. If you select X type of linking, then the issues must be of an Y type.

Hope it helps.

Gustavo Félix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2020
Like # people like this
Gal Fatal
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2020

Thank you  @Gustavo Félix 

Yes, the "+" can assist to filter by recently issues or a saved filter.

But my scenario is to enter some text phrase, and then I would like to filter the results by issue type or some other filter.

The "+" does not let to search by text phrase AND filter. 

Once you click on "+" you cannot combine text and filter :( . and that's what I need because I have many issues.

Any idea ?

Gustavo Félix
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2020

I havea couple of ideas. I'm using Script Runner, It might help you but depends on what you need.

Your "text phrase" is something you are going to write on a text field ? 
And, this text phrase corresponds to which field on your issue? (summary, or description, etc )

Suggest an answer