What is public key, while integrating Jira with teams

Gnana Sundaram Kattapomman February 15, 2022

Hi
I'm try to integrate Microsoft Teams with Jira Server using Configure Application Links in Jira

I need public key.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2022

SSL is usually done with a public and private key pair.  When you want to secure communications between two things, the sender encrypts the data, gives that to the receiver who then decrypts it.

My favourite analogy is that the public key is a padlock, and the private key the only way to unlock a padlock.  You hand out copies of the padlock to anyone who wants to talk to you securely, they lock up their messages, and you're the only one who can unlock the padlock with the private key.

Anyway, MS-Teams and Jira both run over SSL, so to enable communications between them, you are going to need to provide the public keys they use.

Have a look through https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Where-can-I-find-the-public-key/qaq-p/1319578 - that covers the various integrations between Jira and MS-Teams you might be using

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events