Where can I find the public key?

Trond Ivar Hensgaard March 7, 2020

Hi,

I've installed the Microsoft Teams integration for Jira Cloud. To enable the application link I need a public key to complete the configuration. Where can I find the key??

3 answers

1 vote
tomas_kadlec March 23, 2020

Hi,

-Jira Server

when i hit configure it sends me to configure connections

To be honest on marketplace i can't find add-on you havePrintScreen.png

SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2020

Hey @tomas_kadlec

It seems like you installed Microsoft Teams Connector instead of  Microsoft Teams for Jira Server Integration. 

Please try to install it from Jira (Find Apps - Microsoft Teams for Jira Server) or from the MarketPlace https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1217836/microsoft-teams-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview.

Please mind that Jira Server 8.8.0 is listed as incompatible with the add-on, we are currently testing compatibility with Jira Server version 8.8.0.

Best regards,

SoftServe Support Team

dulguun_0514 May 17, 2021

@SoftServe Support 

Hi

what is the difference MSTeams Jira connector and MSteams for Jira server (purchased jira connector)

0 votes
himanshu March 31, 2021

We have JIRA server (8.2.4) installed locally. I am trying to follow instructions to integrate MS Teams however I am not sure where to get public key from as requested in step 6.3 ("Use the following example:") - https://www.msteams-atlassian.com/JiraServer/

himanshu March 31, 2021

Nevermind. I realized that I should actually install "MS Teams from JIRA" from the marketplace under add apps in JIRA. Once installed, I was able to click on configure on that and copy public key from there into step 6.3 to complete the setup. Worked liked a charm afterwards. 

0 votes
SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2020

Hello, thanks for your question.

Please, be informed that application link configuration is available only for Microsoft Teams for Jira Server. For this reason we would kindly recommend to double check the needed Microsoft Teams integration for you.

Best regards,

SoftServe Support Team

Hi,

i have the same question. I am trying to configure MS Teams for JIRA Server but i can't find public key.

Thank you

SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 23, 2020

Hi @tomas_kadlec ,

Please be informed that Public Key can be found by navigating Jira System - Manage App - Microsoft Teams for Jira Server - Configure.

Hope this is helpful. 

Best regards,

SoftServe Support Team

Hi,

thank for fast reply. Unfortunately it's not there.

Thanks

Tomas

SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 23, 2020

Hi @tomas_kadlec ,

Could you please provide us with the following:

- the Jira host (Cloud & Server);

- what do you see in add-on configuration instead of the Public Key? (see screenshots)

Screenshot_2.pngScreenshot_1.png

Best regards,

SoftServe Support Team

Залуцкий Иван March 31, 2020

I have the same problem. No Configure button

2020-03-31_14-25-53.png

Like Marya Iglesias likes this
SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2020

Hi @Залуцкий Иван ,

Please keep in mind that there's no Configure button in MS Teams for Jira Cloud integration. Please follow the instructions here to integrate MS Teams application with your Jira Cloud.
In case you have additional questions, feel free to contact us by going to the following link and filling in the form provided there.

Best regards,

SoftServe Support Team

IT Support July 16, 2020

Hi Support,

When clicking on configure, I get the a 'Oops, you've found a dead link' error

can you please advise?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events