Watcher is not removed

Hi!

Problem: The user cannot remove himself from the observers. After updating the page, he is again listed as an observer. I didn't find any pattern. The bug appears sometimes. How can this be solved?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Don Masten
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2022

Workaround to stop watching individual issues with this problem:

• Click "Stop watching this issue"
  • Click "Start watching this issue"
  • Click "Stop watching this issue" again

This also worked using Bulk Change:

• Bulk change the issues selecting "Stop watching issues"
  • Bulk change the issues selecting "Start watching issues"
  • Bulk change the issues selecting "Stop watching issues" again

Thanks a lot for the temporary solution. It helped.

Like John Funk likes this
Denys Valkovyi October 13, 2023

In my case clicking on Stop-Start-Stop with the help of a mouse did not work everytime. Another way is to use Jira shortcut button W. That is on the condition you are watching the issue you can push W-W-W

sudheer Kumar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 5, 2023

From API also, we are facing same issue.
So, is there any permanent solution?

1 vote
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2022

Hi @Ступникова Анна Александровна ,

Welcome to the community !!

This seems to be a bug in few cases. I see some users have reported the same issue

Symptoms:

When a user tries to edit the Watchers field when viewing an issue, the process never end and thus, the user is unable to edit it.  This also manifests with being able to remove the watcher and seeing it successfully remove but upon hitting refresh the watcher is still on the issue.

Workaround:

One workaround is to delete these values (the association of this user from watching) directly from the database.

Full steps mentioned in https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/unable-to-edit-watchers-for-an-issue-317948606.html 

Thanks for the article. But most likely it does not fit our case.

Like Rilwan Ahmed likes this

Suggest an answer