User cant Archive tasks

Nico van der Walt January 18, 2023

Good day!

I have created a very small Kanban project that only has 5 statuses (Backlog -> Selected For Development ->In Progress -> Done -> Archived)

the issue is that only I am able to execute the transition from Done to Archived but the user who will be using this board is unable to Archive tasks. The option does not show for him

Is there some user level setting or permission I need to add for him in order for him to be able to archive tasks? is it permissions I need to set on the transition? if so any steps will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

6 answers

1 vote
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2023

Hi @Nico van der Walt ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If user is not able to see the transition, usually there’s some condition on it in the workflow.

Would you please check it?

Hi @Hana Kučerová 

There are no conditions im afraid

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2023

Thank you.

Is he able to transition issues in this project at all?

You are on server and this is Business project (Jira Core)?

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2023

Hi @Nico van der Walt ,

you are talking about board. Are u sure that Archived status has been put in the columns in your board configuration?

In that scenario, users should be able to see transition button at issue level but not a board level.

Fabio

0 votes
Scout Odin January 18, 2023

i don't bro for this tag community member to solve your problem..

0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2023

Hi @Nico van der Walt ,

Please check if there are any workflow properties setup for DONE status. 

i.e. In workflow edit mode, click on status DONE. New window will open with the properties. 

image.png

0 votes
Ashish Bijlwan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2023

Hi @Nico van der Walt 

Please check whether the user is trying to execute the transition directly from open to Archive or executing the transition from Done to Archive.

2nd, check whether any workflow condition implemented on Done to Archive transition which is restricting user to execute the transition.

Thank you,
Ashish

0 votes
Ankit Srivastava
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2023

Hi @Nico van der Walt 

Hope you are doing well.

Please refer the below points:

• By default, you must be a Jira Administrator or Jira System Administrator to archive or restore issues. However, an administrator might grant you the global Archive Issues or the Archive Issues for a Project permission, as well as the Restore Issues or the Restore Issues for a Project permissions. The Archive and Restore per project permissions allow you to archive and restore issues in a specific project. By default, these permissions are not enabled. 

Please refer the below Atlassian document for the same:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/archiving-an-issue-968669980.html

• If you created the status - Archive then request you to check the below ponit also: 

Request you to Navigate to your Project settings > Workflows > Edit > Click in the transition (Done to Archive) and check if there are any Conditions or Validators that could be blocking them.

Hope this will help.

Thanks

Hi @Ankit Srivastava 

No conditions or Validators

Suggest an answer