Two Activity Steam Displaying: Local and External

Joseph Orellana November 10, 2020

Hi Atlassian Community, 

My team and I recently noticed that when we're searching for the Activity Stream gadget in Jira, we have two different types of stream: local and external. 

The parameters for each one are slightly different. For the local, you can set a global filter based on a Jira project and for the external stream, you can set a global filter based on a Confluence space. 

Is anyone else experiencing this or seen this type of behavior? I haven't had much luck on documentation as I have only been able to find this page on the activity stream, which is not much: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver085/gadgets-for-jira-applications-981157815.html. Is this expected? 

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 12.12.33 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2021

Hi @Joseph Orellana,

If you have an Application Link for a different Atlassian application, in your example; Confluence, the gadgets from the application will be shown on Jira as well. In your screenshots, you can see the Confluence category - this will list down all the gadgets from the Confluence.

I hope that this helps.

Thanks,
Moga

Joseph Orellana April 13, 2021

Hi @mogavenasan

Thank you. This makes sense now. Much appreciated. 

Best,

Joseph

Like mogavenasan likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events