Transition / assignee / assignable user issue

Uros Arih May 25, 2022

Currently I have it set up that when an agent clicks on transition (for example "in progress") it automatically assigns the issue to him via post function. This part works fine.

I also have it set up that if the issue is in status "waiting for reporter to answer/give more data/etc"  and the reporter gives back a comment that it returns the issue to "in progress" but since this transition was done by the admin it automatically assigns him the issue now. - this part is a problem.

I tried to remove administrators from "assignable user" but all that did was that an agent/other administrator gets a warning that there are issues with permissions and eventually they click to resolve this issue. Now I have 4 permission schemes for 1 project - also not good.

What would be a better solution to my problem? I don't want the admin / specific user to ever get issues assigned to him but I do want him to do my auto transitions etc...

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2022

Hi Uros - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If I am following this correctly, I would create a new transition from  "waiting for reporter to answer/give more data/etc" back to In Progress that does not include a post function to set the assignee. 

Uros Arih May 25, 2022

Ah such an obvious one but completely overlooked on my side.

That makes sense, I'll try that. Thank you!

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2022

Great! Hope it works.  :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events