Sub Tasks inside Epic (Bug?)

Marcel Gromball October 30, 2020

So i found this Bug and wonder if its possible to turn it into a feature?

When you have an Epic with an Issue assigned and give the Issue Sub-Tasks, you can see those Sub-Tasks directly in the Epic Card!

For my Project thats quite nice and wanted, but i can only achieve this by opening the Issue from within the epic and then close it and reopen the Epic.

1 answer

0 votes
mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2021

Hi @Marcel Gromball

Just to double confirm, is this something that you want or something that is happening?

When you have an Epic with an Issue assigned and give the Issue Sub-Tasks, you can see those Sub-Tasks directly in the Epic Card!

Some screenshots of the behaviour will be helpful in understanding.

Thanks,
Moga

Marcel Gromball January 8, 2021

Here see the difference. Pic 1 is default view of an epic and pic 2 is the bugged one. Pic 2 would be a nice addition by default for our projects.. But like ive wrote above its only achievable by clicking the child in the epic and then close the childs window and reopen the epic.epic1.PNGepic2.PNG

mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2021

Hi @Marcel Gromball,

Never seen subtasks listed under the detailed view of an Epic. It looks like this was happening before this as well to some of the users; How To Display Subtasks on Epic?

Can you open ME-129 and take a screenshot of the issue history? It would be great if you can post the screenshot in English so that we can interpret the screenshot content.

Thanks,
Moga

Marcel Gromball April 29, 2021

Sure not in english tho, But there is nothing to see anyway. It only says that automation updated the issues parent after creating it.

I doubt it has something to do with that.Jira weird.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events