Show Custom Field on Board (Jira Classic Project Management Template)

Brennan Nunamaker February 27, 2021

Hello,

I have a JIRA business project that uses the project management template to organize work for multiple clients in one board with my business partner.

I've added a custom drop-down field with a list of our clients to allow for more structured reporting, as each task gets marked with the relevant client for that task.

I would like to display this field on the individual cards in the board (and/or list) views, but I can't find a configuration option. For Scrum / Kanban it's easy, you configure the board settings and voilà. 

Is it not possible to configure the display of custom fields on business boards? 

Thanks in advance!

Brennan

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2021

I am sorry to have to say that business boards simply aren't that configurable

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2021

Hey Brennan -Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The Business type projects do not have a board settings function, and therefore, you cannot edit the board in anyway except by adding statuses to the workflow. 

You would need to migrate to a Classic Software project. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events