Outlook Integration with other inboxes than My InBox?

Chad June 15, 2020

I'm looking for a way to create tickets from a mail group but, apparently only the InBox allows me to create tickets?

I use outlook.office.com

In my InBox, I click on an email and see the Jira icon.

If I go into the other mailbox, I don't see the Jira icon.

Am I doing this incorrectly?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2020
Chad June 15, 2020

Yes. That's what I'm working with.

It's installed, works great for my inbox but, my group boxes do not allow me to create Jira tickets in our Service Desk (paid)

Chad June 15, 2020

This is cheating if you're replying instantly just for the SLA. ;)

Like Vitalii Saienko likes this
Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2020

Thank you. I've just checked, and I can reproduce this. It seems like group boxes don't support Outlook add-ins, I installed a bunch of other add-ins, and none of them works there.

I will raise this issue with Microsoft and update this thread once I have an answer.

Like Chad likes this
Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
June 15, 2020

It would be cheating if I would have the SLA. No SLA, no cheating ;)

Anyway, back to business. I asked Microsoft if it's a bug or it's expected that add-ins don't work with group boxes. They said that it's expected. So, I created a feature request in their public tracker. I'd suggest asking all of your mates in that group box to bombard the "Vote" button.

Like Chad likes this
Chad June 17, 2020

Awesome. Thanks!

Nancy Stronczek June 18, 2020

Argh, @Vitalii Saienko , you're absolutely right!  I specifically downloaded this Jira plug-in to use with a shared mailbox.  We collect customer feedback in a shared mailbox, and sometimes our customers report bugs.  I double checked my other add-ins on that mailbox and confirmed they don't work either. Now I have to forward the emails to myself and then use the Jira add-in, which defeats the whole purpose of a shared mailbox.  Sigh, just when it looks like Microsoft is giving us hope for getting out from under the deluge of email, they leave us with a half-baked implementation. :(

Like Vitalii Saienko likes this
0 votes
Kim Hellwage October 14, 2021

Same problem here! The add-in is dearly needed on shared mailboxes!
Is there a fix for this by now? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events