New Issue View not showing additional fields

Trevor Simpson March 20, 2020

I am trying to get the Log Work fields to show in the new issue view and have done everything I can find in the documentation and they don't show.  In fact I don't even get the "show more fields" dropdown at the bottom of the issue view.  This appears to have broken about the time that Automation for Jira was added to my Cloud instance.  Has anyone else seen this or is there some setting that I am missing.  I have gone through the Configure menu at the bottom of the new issue view screen and moved the Log Work field to both "Hidden if empty" and "Context" and it doesn't show up on the issue view either way.

issue_view.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2020

Hi Trevor - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

A couple of things to look at. Have you verified that the project has the Log Work permission enabled on it? You would find that under the Permission Scheme for the project.

Second - what happens when you click on the drop down beside of Comments in the bottom section? Does Work log show up there?

Finally, if you switch over to the Old view can you log work there on the same ticket? And then switch back to the New View to see if it shows up. 

Just some thoughts - hope something works out for you. 

Trevor Simpson March 23, 2020

Hi John - Thank you and thanks for the reply.

The Project does have Log Work permissions enabled.  I have a workflow step that requires work to be logged and that workflow step and its associated screen work fine for entering the time.  But once you are past that step you cannot see the time itself as I can't get the field to display anywhere else.

The dropdown besides comments gets me the history of the task and I can see the history for the time being entered on a task there when it has already been done via the work flow step and screen.

If I switch to the old view I can log the work there.  Tested it with a Task and I was able to enter the work, but switching back to the new view still leaves me in the same place.  Unable to enter nor see the Log Work fields.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2020

I would go ahead and enter a support ticket with Atlassian here:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Suggest an answer