Need to modify the values in text field

Janaki.R June 21, 2022

Hi Team,

We have Test 1 field with checkbox with values A-Apple, B- Ball, C-cat and when the issue is transitioned to next status automatically the checkbox values gets copied to text field single line, so when it is copied to text field  i want to remove the text like Apple, ball etc.

We are using script runner, JMWE and automations.

Thanks in advance!!

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2022

Hi Janaki,

I don't think I am completely following the question. Can you provide an exact example of what you would like to see after the transition? 

Janaki.R June 21, 2022

Hi @John Funk 

Thanks for responding.

Example my checkbox field contains values like A-Apple, B- Ball, C-cat and when the transition happens the same checkbox values get copied to text field like  A-Apple, B- Ball, C-cat so now when the transition happens in my text field I want values as only A, B, C and not A-Apple, B- Ball, C-cat.

Hope I am clear this time.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2022

That's helpful! And there might be multiple values in the same field?

Janaki.R June 21, 2022

@John Funk yes, it will have multiple values in the same field.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2022

Sorry for all of the questions, but are you using an add-on for the checkboxes - like a checklist? Or is it just a regular Checkboxes type of custom field? 

Janaki.R June 21, 2022

@John Funk NP actually thanks for trying to helping me out, we are using regular Checkboxes custom field that we get from Jira.

Suggest an answer