Looking for workflow property for Approval

Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2020

I need a workflow approval property and will make it so it will only need one approval and not two. 

I had to use the manager field to become the approver field due to some corruption. So the system is set to use the manager field but it wants all approvers to approver the Issue. I only need one person to approve but want to use the multi user picker but if I put 1 approval need in the configure tab it won't let me select the manager. So I just need the property to set in the workflow and hard code it. 

Any Ideas what that property would be?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2020

Hi @Aaron Geister  - Can you clarify how the Approver field is corrupted and you can't but two users in that field?

Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2020

We have had data loss in our cloud instance so I am trying to find the work around for the issue but I found and got the temp fix. I just want to see if there was a property that I could hard code into the workflow. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2020

You could capture the value in the Manager field and then copy it over to the Approver field. That's typically what I do. 

Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2020

So you mean using the customfield_id? Like that and then push that into the approver field? Can you explain more what you mean. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2020

When the user creates a new issue, they are populating the Manager field, correct?

And you want to copy the value in the Manager field to the Approvers field, correct? 

Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 1, 2020

Yes, 

But I can't use the Approvers field as It was deleted from out system by a System Error. I have figured it out though. 

We had to replace the Manager field with that of the Approver field. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2020

I had the same problem. I just created another custom field called approvers as a multi-select user. And everything worked out fine. If you’re back working again and this injured your question, can you click on the except answer button so we can close this out? Thanks!

Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2020

I have excepted your answer and Yes I did the same but we weren't able to recreate the approver field and had to use a different field to do the same thing. we used manager or I would have of had to re-create the workflow and associate  a new approvers field. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2020

So it is working for you now?

Suggest an answer