Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

List of Issues for Custom Field "Customers"

I'd like to define a Custom Field "Customers" that my team can set when raising issues for specific customers. Once I have this configured, it would be ideal to have designated pages displaying a list of issues for that Customer.

What would be the best way to implement this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mirek Community Leader Mar 06, 2019

Hi @Dan Walker - Welcome to Community!

Hmm.. You are using Jira Core (not just sure if Cloud or Server) but anyway you might use Components for that. The advantage of this is that your team do not need to be admins to add values to it, it would auto suggest values when you type and less chance that someone would make a type in the name of thee customer. Then simply search by JQL for specific component od click on it directly from Jira project (which should also open Issue Navigator)

Is there anyway to export the JQL results into its own constant list. For example, JQL results shows a list of unresolved tickets for Customer #1. Can I build a page where these results are always listed?

My goal would be to have a dedicated page for Customer #1 that my team frequently visits to see the outstanding issues for that customer. This way they would less likely forget about an outstanding issues when there are numerous issues for a customer that all need to be resolved before their go-live date.

Mirek Community Leader Mar 06, 2019

Yes, that page might be a Jira Dashboard that is shared with you team

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver0713/configuring-dashboards-964984824.html

You can add filters, gadgets and get everyone on the same page thanks to that

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June Challenge #2: Share how your business teams became ITSM rockstars

For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...

322 views 9 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you