List of Issues for Custom Field "Customers"

Dan Walker March 6, 2019

I'd like to define a Custom Field "Customers" that my team can set when raising issues for specific customers. Once I have this configured, it would be ideal to have designated pages displaying a list of issues for that Customer.

What would be the best way to implement this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2019

Hi @Dan Walker - Welcome to Community!

Hmm.. You are using Jira Core (not just sure if Cloud or Server) but anyway you might use Components for that. The advantage of this is that your team do not need to be admins to add values to it, it would auto suggest values when you type and less chance that someone would make a type in the name of thee customer. Then simply search by JQL for specific component od click on it directly from Jira project (which should also open Issue Navigator)

Dan Walker March 6, 2019

Is there anyway to export the JQL results into its own constant list. For example, JQL results shows a list of unresolved tickets for Customer #1. Can I build a page where these results are always listed?

My goal would be to have a dedicated page for Customer #1 that my team frequently visits to see the outstanding issues for that customer. This way they would less likely forget about an outstanding issues when there are numerous issues for a customer that all need to be resolved before their go-live date.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2019

Yes, that page might be a Jira Dashboard that is shared with you team

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver0713/configuring-dashboards-964984824.html

You can add filters, gadgets and get everyone on the same page thanks to that

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events