Jira Service Desk Agents

Marcus Bengtsson February 5, 2020

Hello! I want to know what line is there between Agents and other people in the Jira Software Core version that also have access to the Jira Service Desk (added as customers). Becouse my colleagues can look and edit in the Support project. Whats the different between them and the "Agents" so to say? How do I know if we have to pay for the colleagues as well? Whats the restriction? 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2020

Hello Marcus,

Thank you for reaching out.

The Jira Software and Service desk are two different sets of functionalities that run based on a common application: Jira Core. Each application access gives you a set of functionalities and permissions in Jira.

That being said, please allow me to provide you the exact actions and permissions each user type (Application access) has in your Jira site so we can confirm we are on the same page. Considering a Jira site with all applications (Jira Core/Software and Service Desk), you have the following application access:

1 - Jira Core/Software users: These users have access to all the Software project's functionalities (Boards, Releases, etc). In Service desk projects, they can still access it using the internal interface of Jira as a Collaborator, where the user will have some limitations and cannot work directly with the customers. Specifically, a core/software user can perform the following actions in SD projects:

• View issues, comments and attachments
  • Add attachments and delete their own attachments
  • Add internal comments to issues and delete their own comments
  • Watch and vote for issues
  • View other watchers and voters

2 - Agents: These users can access JIRA Service Desk specific features (Queues, SLAs, etc), and are allowed to make public comments in JIRA Service desk projects and effectively work with the customers, something that Jira Core/software users cannot do.

3 - Customers: They can only access the customer portal of Jira SD and create tickets, interacting with the Agents and optionally sharing it with other customers.

For more details about what features each application can/cannot access, you can check the documentation below:

How can service desk and development teams work together with Jira Service Desk and Jira Software? 

Let us know if you have any questions.

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 23, 2020

Hi @Marcus Bengtsson 

If you need to set time to SLA for Jira Core/Software users and save your company spending, you can consider SLA Time and Report.

Add-on works for Jira Software, Jira Core and Service Desk issues and users. It counts SLA time for issues from Service Desk, but cannot configure it.

Hope it will help.

Regards

Suggest an answer