JQL Question - Date Picker Custom Field And Add 1 Day

MAG-II June 5, 2019

Apologies for the confusing title of this post. What I am trying to achieve via JQL shouldn't be too difficult. 

I have a Date Picker custom field titled "Visit End Date." I am trying to figure out the JQL to pull the current date of whatever is entered into this field, but add one day.

I understand that "Visit End Date"=now() will give me Issues that reflect the current date, I'm just not sure how to write JQL that gives me the date of whatever was entered +1 day.

What I ultimately am trying to achieve is via the Automation for Jira plugin, have an automatic transition that happens 1 day after whatever date was entered in this field.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 5, 2019

Hi,
Try to configure an automation that runs daily and transition issues to the desired status.

To pull "yesterday" issues use this JQL filter:
"Visit End Date" >= startOfDay(-1) AND "Visit End Date" < startOfDay() 

It should be work.

Kind Regards.

MAG-II June 6, 2019

Hey this works fantastically. I really appreciate the help!

Like # people like this
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 6, 2019

Glad to help you ;)

1 vote
MAG-II June 5, 2019

Following up on my initial post, maybe this is closer to what I am looking for:

"Visit Certification Active" AND "Visit End Date" >= -1d

I'm not sure if this would make a transition happen 1 day after the date in the custom field. I am quickly beginning to confuse myself.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events