JIRA attachment view

Arnor May 9, 2018

Hi guys,

New to JIRA Cloud.  We often use CSV files and MS Office documents (Word/Excel) in our development cycles along with various other file types.  It seems that the only files we are able to view/preview inside JIRA are image files (PNG, JPEG, etc) and PDF files.  I have a file viewer extension for Chrome, but when I try to use it with JIRA links, I get a new tab with page source indicating there was a JavaScript error.

What options do we have in viewing documents without having to download them and then open them?

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Francisco Oselame
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2018

Hello Arnor!

I'm afraid that at this moment, it's not possible to preview MS Office documents (DOC,XLSX,DOCX...) when attached to an issue. We currently have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this feature:

In line with Atlassian's Feature Request Policy, I'd suggest you comment on this request with your specific use-case and watch it in order to hear about updates on the development cycle.

Thanks,
Francisco Oselame.

Neal Fischer April 3, 2020

Agree with Annor's recommendation above.  Use of 0365 is increasing!  Now that we work at home outside of company network the ability to easily view files with no downloading would increase our productivity avoiding infoGov risks.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events