Issue type permission

Tomáš March 14, 2022

Hello folks, 

Just curious, is it possible to restrict user permission to see only 1 issuetype for certain project issues ? 

Let´s say i have a project called SD (Service Desk) and i have 3 issuetypes (Employee, Service Request and Incident), but i want certain users to see only issues within Service Request and Incident issuetype and restrict vision for Employee tickets. 

I was digging around and it seems for Jira Server this is not possible, but wanted to confirm if there is anyone knows if there is a exiting workaround for this ? We are using Jira Software 8.17.0.

Is this possible on Cloud ?

Thank you in advance !

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2022

Hey @Tomáš ,

Are you talking about viewing already created tickets or blocking the ticket creation itself?

If this is about already created tickets, you could look at issue level security. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-issue-level-security-938847117.html

Based on some parameters (one of them could be the issue type) you can set an issue security level. This will make it so that if they don't have the level assigned to them they won't know the issue exists.

Keep in mind this is issue based and not issue type but both can be combined of course.

Tomáš March 14, 2022

Hello @Dirk Ronsmans,

apologize forgot to mention it is about already created tickets. 

It looks like exactly what i was looking for, thank you very much ! 

I will dig more into it and try to prepare a scheme. Again thank you and thank you for a quick response

Have a good one :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events