Is it possible to include Roadmap into a jira project?

Sibel Yasar January 8, 2020

Dear Atlassian Support,

is it possible to include Roadmap for free into an existing project?

Kind regards,

Sibel

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2020

Hi Sibel - Roadmaps are only available for Next-gen projects, not classic projects. 

You can read more here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/Classic-and-next-gen-project-templates-in-Jira-Software-Cloud/ba-p/862404

Sibel Yasar January 8, 2020

Hi John, thank you!

Can I simply create a next-gen project over the system dashboard?

Or do I need specific tools?

Kind regards,

Sibel

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2020

Was the document able to guide you through that process?

Sibel Yasar January 10, 2020

There is a general problem. I can't see next-gen as a choice. Please find an attached screenshot.

is that normal?Bildschirmfoto vom 2020-01-08 15-22-38.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2020

You need to turn on the ability to create Next-gen projects under Settings > System. 

I've found out, that we use Jira Server, not Jira Cloud. Therefore I cant find under system a place to enable this functionality.

But thanks for your help John.

Kind regards

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2020

Yes, unfortunately not.

Suggest an answer