Is it possible to change the default settings for the fields checked in the "Configure Fields" menu?

Maggie Stearns March 15, 2016

When editing an issues in JIRA, if I click on the "Configure Fields:" button in the top right-hand corner, a set of fields is checked. How does that set get defined? I can see that it remembers me settings, but I'm wondering how it gets defined at the beginning.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2016

AFAIK, everything is checked by default.

lececere June 25, 2019

I just created a new issue type (subtask) and added it to my existing issue type screen scheme so it would be available to all of my projects. I also created a new screen and screen scheme. 

When I try to create a new subtask, only the system fields are showing up (e.g., summary, description, components, labels, assignee, etc.) and my custom fields, from my new screen, are not showing up by default. 

It appears from this question; https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/User-s-quot-Configure-Fields-quot-settings/qaq-p/43816, that the default is to only show the system fields and not all fields. :(

Is there a way to force a new issue type and new screen to show All fields to all users the first time they use that new issue type? And then allow them to turn off any fields they don't want to see after that?

0 votes
clem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2016

Hi,

I'm also wondering where these settings are saved.

Thanks,

Cynthia

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 20, 2016

Suggest an answer