Is it possible to assign two owners for the same board or provide permission not owner change board filter query?

Natalia Skoromnaya August 19, 2016

Is it possible to assign two owners for the same board or provide permission not owner change board filter query?

Each board has one owner who is responsible for board filter query.
We would like to have possibility that another one user will be available to change and save board filter query also.

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2016

I would say this depends on how to interpret your question.

A board administrator (and there can be many) can change which filter to use, but can't change the JQL inside the filter unless they own it. A filter can only be edited by its owner.

Another way to solve this is that a JIRA administrator can change ownership of a shared filter, the new owner can edit the JQL and save, then the admin can change the owner back.

Natalia Skoromnaya August 19, 2016

Thanks for answer!

Please, could you provide me details, how it is possible to change ownership of a shared filter?

Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2016

As a JIRA administrator, click on the cog wheel at the top right and select 'System'.

You'll find 'Shared Filters' in the menu on the left, towards the bottom.

Search to find the Filter in question.

Click on the cog wheel to the far right of the Filter Name and select 'Change Owner'

EgbertBouman November 30, 2022

Hi @Sten Sundelin, how can I choose another board filter as a board admin, but not Jira admin. I am trying, but don't see how.  

0 votes
Natalia Skoromnaya August 21, 2016

Thank you! It works.

Suggest an answer