Inline Subtasks How to Configure

Mark Iveson May 18, 2020

Morning,

I have a JIRA project setup and I'm trying to remove the Create Sub Task button and instead use the inline subtask where you can easily and efficiently add sub-tasks using the plus/+ link which doesn't require the Create Sub-Task modal dialog to appear.

Here is a sample of the Sub-Tasks with the button that brings up the dialog (yuck).

SubTask.png

I have a different JIRA instance where the sub-tasks can be created simply by clicking the plus button in the sub-tasks section:

SubTask2.png

So my question is how do I stop the dialogs from appearing and the inline sub-tasks additions to be enabled.

For reference the only field on the sub-task that is required is the Summary field.

I've searched high and wide however haven't found an appropriate answer as to how to enable the inline sub-task creation, the dialog is okay however it's so inefficient compared to the inline process.

Many thanks

Mark

2 answers

0 votes
Mike Taylor January 21, 2021

If you're still looking for this @Mark Iveson - you basically have to turn off any required fields for this to work in the creation screen.  I ended up having to use a separate screen for creation that had bare minimum everything *just for creation* so it didn't have any checks or additional screen fields that it wanted to get filled out.

0 votes
Mike Taylor December 8, 2020

Searching for the same answer here.

Suggest an answer