I want to view subtasks on a business project board swimlanes?

Chad Arbon March 1, 2018

I have a bunch of issues created with subtasks and want the subtasks to display on the board - similar to the Software Project I've done in the past.  Thanksl

2 answers

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2018

Hi Chad,

There is a turnaround. I do have a Business Project and created a Kanban Board for it. Attached is a screenshot. Is this what you are trying to achieve?

If you want it 100% like a Software project then definitely like Nic said you can not do it.

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 4.48.04 PM.png

Chris Anderson June 18, 2018

How do you get this view for a business project with subtasks displayed in the board?

Like Matthew Leandres likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2018

@Chris Anderson

You will have to be a Board Admin, click on

Board -> Configure -> Swimlanes and then Base Swimlanes on your select Stories from the DropDown

Rick October 10, 2018

I'm wanting to do this as well, but that looks like a software project to me, are you sure. On my business project board, I have no configure function.

Like Peter Wilczynski likes this
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2018

Business boards do not have that function.  I'm afraid you can't do it.

Chad Arbon March 2, 2018

Thanks Nic!!  Bummer...

Jay Stansell October 19, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- how do we get this on the backlog to start voting for it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 19, 2022

Report it to Atlassian, in their main Jira.  I could quickly find an existing request with https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-Server-questions/I-want-to-view-subtasks-on-a-business-project-board-swimlanes/qaq-p/740743 but there may be one already, and your search skills are probably better than mine.  If you can't find one, go ahead and create a new issue there

Suggest an answer