I need/want to delete inactive workflows but there is no delete option

Ben van den Berg December 9, 2020

As can be seen in the image below: there are two inactive workflows in my instance...

2020-12-09_11h45_57.pngThese workflows are "Read-only System Workflow" and there is no option available to delete them.

How do I get them out of the way, because I want to remove those statuses that it doesn't clutter and confuse my user community?

Thank you in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2020

You can't remove those two, they are flagged as "system" workflows.  They're there to prevent you deleting core system data that Jira functions now rely on having.

Ben van den Berg December 9, 2020

I suspected that to be the case - however, once other workflows are active, those one's should be delectable.  I don't like the fact that their statuses are still reflecting and cluttering JQL - it confuses my user community.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2020

No, they're not there just so there are workflows available when you haven't created your own.

They are there because they provide data that Jira needs, and making them non-deletable stops end-users from deleting or breaking that data.

Ben van den Berg December 13, 2020

Thanks for confirming my suspicion, @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Certainly, Jira doesn't need workflows and status values that are not used by the configuration for an instance. It sounds more like lazy programming, to me.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events