How to upfrade Jira v7.12.0 to v8.11.0

nikhil_devshi August 4, 2020

I'm new to Jira.  I tried to upgrade Jira in test environment (on Clone VM )but it gets failed. I need to detailed steps/assistance to perform the up gradation of Jira(From v7.12.0 to v8.11.0). 

• I went through Plan your upgrade button in Jira Service Desk (v3.15) and followed the mentioned steps in the document but unfortunately unable to succeed in it.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2020

Where are you stuck, and what are you doing differently from the docs?  (Bearing in mind the docs only cover a plain Jira with no apps added to it)

nikhil_devshi August 24, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Thanks for your prompt response !!..

JIRA upgrade (in testing environment) from 7.12.0 to 8.11.0, Jira was showed successfully upgraded, but after initiating Jira it was showing showing MySQL version is not compatible.After I tried upgrading the MySQL version from 5.5 to 5.6 then it is started to showing me error " missing mysql.sock" like this.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2020

You will need to upgrade your MySQL service to 5.7.

The missing mysql.sock is down to MySQL not being installed correctly.  I'm afraid we can't help you with that, we don't know what is wrong with your installation.

nikhil_devshi August 24, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Thanks for your time and efforts  :) .... 

Suggest an answer