How to search a ticket "commented by" a user

Diego Amanto October 24, 2018

I want to search tickets using a filter that response all the tickets that were commented (or could be transitions made by) by a user (different than currentuser)

Does anyone can help me. Thanks.

3 answers

2 votes
jndeverteuil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2018

Hello,

Unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment out of the box.

You could use an App on the Marketplace to have that feature :

• Comment Toolbox for Jira which adds some JQL functions to search comments made by a user (or a group as well)
  • ScriptRunner for Jira which adds a lot of functionnalities such as commented() to search the attributes of comments such as By. It adds so much more than just that though... have a look at it!

I've also see users who use the Activity Stream Gadget with a global filter set on a specific user. This is useful to see the public profile of a user if you are not an administrator. However, you could not execute a search based on the Activity Stream.

I hope that answers your question!

Cheers :)

Diego Amanto October 25, 2018

Thanks!!

0 votes
Jonathan Thompson June 27, 2020

I need this too.

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2018

Hi @Diego Amanto,

As mentioned by Julien , you need some plugins to support this function.Try the following free plugin for extended queries.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211565/am-utils?hosting=server&tab=overview

JQL : userCommentedIssues(User, Duration)

Diego Amanto October 25, 2018

Thank you! I´ll try it and tell you how it works!

Suggest an answer