Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to scroll through series of images in new Jira issue view? Edited

In the old issue view, if you click on an image thumbnail to view an image in a comment of a ticket, you could then click left and right arrows at the edge of the screen to scroll through other images in the comment.

I used this all the time to scroll through sets of images in a ticket, and was often used for reviewing results within a team. But in the new issue view, this image scrolling capability is apparently missing. There are no arrows for scrolling to next image, and no keyboard shortcuts that I know of.

From my point of view this is a big regression in usability.

2 answers

Hello Andrew,

Welcome to Atlassian Community.

Using JIRA Cloud, I was able to properly switch through the attachment images using the arrow keys in the new issue view:

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 16.26.16.png

Can you please confirm if you are using JIRA Server or Cloud? If you are using JIRA Server, can you provide us the version you are using?

What browser you are using?

Additionally, provide us the steps you took to reproduce the problem, with screenshot or video so we can better understand and troubleshoot it.

I've edited the ticket description. It's really not hard to reproduce, just put the images into a *comment* in the ticket and try to scroll through them. It doesn't work.

The scrolling is only available for images in the Attachments section. That would be fine, except in the new ticket view I can find no way to link an existing attachment into the comment.

In any case, when multiple images are attached to a comment, one should be able to scroll through them like you can with Attachments.

I would like a button to vote down an answer or mark it as "not accepted". The answer above does not address the issue of scrolling through image groups in Jira issue comments.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Management

JSM June ask me anything (AMA)

Hello Community members! We’re wrapping up the end of JSM June with an Ask Me Anything (AMA) with the Jira Service Management product team. This is your chance to ask all your ITSM questions to o...

262 views 13 14
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you