How to scroll through series of images in new Jira issue view?

Andrew Medlin March 31, 2019

In the old issue view, if you click on an image thumbnail to view an image in a comment of a ticket, you could then click left and right arrows at the edge of the screen to scroll through other images in the comment.

I used this all the time to scroll through sets of images in a ticket, and was often used for reviewing results within a team. But in the new issue view, this image scrolling capability is apparently missing. There are no arrows for scrolling to next image, and no keyboard shortcuts that I know of.

From my point of view this is a big regression in usability.

3 answers

0 votes
Peter Arnold September 9, 2021

This remains a serious usability issue today, over 2 yrs after this was raised in 2019. Moreover there are additional important image-viewing aspects lost, such as the clickable thumbnail that goes to a decent-sized image for viewing.

The only answer I can suggest is to turn off the new view, something I do anyway as I find it a big jumble of info. But we are being told we can't do that for much longer. With so much upset over the new view, I hope Atlassian that you will reconsider imposing the new view. It seems to have a lot of problems and needs sorting out, and meanwhile, please reconsider taking the old one away as it is a serious productivity issue for people who don't work well with a mass of information all on one page.

0 votes
Andrew Medlin April 9, 2019

I would like a button to vote down an answer or mark it as "not accepted". The answer above does not address the issue of scrolling through image groups in Jira issue comments.

Peter Arnold September 9, 2021

I agree, this seems to have been overlooked and the answer doesn't address the issue.

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2019

Hello Andrew,

Welcome to Atlassian Community.

Using JIRA Cloud, I was able to properly switch through the attachment images using the arrow keys in the new issue view:

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 16.26.16.png

Can you please confirm if you are using JIRA Server or Cloud? If you are using JIRA Server, can you provide us the version you are using?

What browser you are using?

Additionally, provide us the steps you took to reproduce the problem, with screenshot or video so we can better understand and troubleshoot it.

Andrew Medlin April 7, 2019

I've edited the ticket description. It's really not hard to reproduce, just put the images into a *comment* in the ticket and try to scroll through them. It doesn't work.

The scrolling is only available for images in the Attachments section. That would be fine, except in the new ticket view I can find no way to link an existing attachment into the comment.

In any case, when multiple images are attached to a comment, one should be able to scroll through them like you can with Attachments.

Like Peter Arnold likes this

Suggest an answer